Hong Kong for Business
A powerful combination of factors – prime location, rule of law, high-speed communications, free flow of information and capital, low and simple tax system – makes Hong Kong a leading international business and financial centre as well as being consistently ranked the world’s freest economy.
A fertile start-up environment, supported by various public and private initiatives, helps entrepreneurs turn great ideas into reality. With robust IP protection and full range of legal, financial and professional services, Hong Kong is Asia’s CBD serving as an operational base for over 8,200 overseas and Mainland China companies.
A world-leading global banking and financial hub on the doorstep of Mainland China, Hong Kong is the world’s largest offshore Renminbi business centre. Initiatives include Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect, Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect and Bond Connect schemes that further promote capital market access and the internationalisation of the Renminbi.
The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (SEHK) ranked first for five out of the past nine years since 2009 in terms of IPO funds raised. In April 2018, SEHK revised its listing rules to facilitate the listing of companies from emerging and innovative sectors subject to appropriate safeguards.
As a well-connected and externally-oriented economy, Hong Kong is set to play a pivotal role China’s game-changing economic development strategies, including the Belt and Road Initiative and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area, which offer new and exciting business opportunities.
Download our Economic performance and outlook fact sheet for more information
- Jul 14, 2019FS continues to attend AIIB Annual Meeting
- Jun 26, 2019Hong Kong and Cambodia enter into tax pact
- Jun 16, 2019HK and UAE forge closer economic and trade ties
- Jun 10, 2019行政長官出席2019財新峰會香港場致辭 (Traditional Chinese)
- May 24, 2019SCED attends OECD and WTO meetings in Paris
- Apr 2, 2019HKSAR Government responds to US report
- Mar 21, 2019Speech by CE at Bloomberg Invest Asia Summit
- Jan 28, 2019CE meets Founder of Heritage Foundation
- Dec 11, 2018Speech by CE at Asian Insurance Forum 2018
- Nov 30, 2018HK, India tax treaty in force
- Oct 10, 2018FSDC welcomes Policy Address
More Stories about Hong Kong for Business