Belt and Road Initiative
The Belt and Road Initiative is a far-sighted vision for inclusive international co-operation in the 21st Century unveiled by President Xi Jinping in end 2013. Hong Kong is a key link for the Initiative.
It comprises the land-based Silk Road Economic Belt and the ocean-going 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, spanning countries across different continents. The core principles of the Initiative are “five areas of connectivity”, namely policy co-ordination, facilities connectivity, unimpeded trade, financial integration, and people-to-people bond.
The Belt and Road provides new impetus to the global economy and opens up a wide range of unprecedented opportunities for Hong Kong to play to its strengths as highly connected, global financial centre and professional services hub with robust government-to-government, business-to-business and people-to-people links all along the Belt and Road routes from Asia to Europe and beyond.
Download our Belt and Road Initiative fact sheet for more information
- Sep 11, 2019HK remains competitive
- Sep 11, 2019Speech by CE at Belt and Road Summit
- Sep 11, 2019Speech by FS at Belt and Road Summit luncheon
- Sep 11, 2019Vital Belt-Road role for HK
- Sep 11, 20195k join Belt & Road Summit
- Jul 18, 2019SCED starts visit programme in Beijing
- Jun 16, 2019HK and UAE forge closer economic and trade ties
- Jun 10, 2019行政長官出席2019財新峰會香港場致辭 (Traditional Chinese)
- Apr 8, 2019Mutual extension of visa-free period
- Dec 12, 2018CEDB holds
More Stories about Belt and Road Initiative