Hong Kong is a leading global financial centre with liquid capital markets, a fully convertible currency (the Hong Kong Dollar) and the free flows of goods, information and people. It is consistently ranked among the world’s leaders in terms of stock market capitalisation, IPO fund-raising, asset management, banking and insurance.
Located at the heart of Asia,Hong Kong is fully plugged into the round-the-clock global financial trading cycle, providing sure and seamless connectivity with major financial hubs in Europe and North America as well as the Middle East and across Asia, including Mainland China.
As China’s global financial hub, Hong Kong is well-established as the largest offshore Renminbi business centre and a vanguard for the ongoing internationalisation of the Renminbi and cross-boundary financial connectivity through various Stock Connect and Bond Connect schemes.
Download our International financial centre fact sheet for more information
- Jan 16, 2020Chief Executive to attend World Economic Forum
- Jan 15, 2020Speech by FS at Asia Private Equity Forum 2020
- Jan 13, 2020CE meets guest speakers of Asian Financial Forum
- Jan 13, 2020Speech by CE at 13th Asian Financial Forum
- Nov 13, 2019Third Hong Kong-Switzerland Financial Dialogue
- Nov 6, 2019Hong Kong FinTech Week 2019
- Nov 1, 2019FS concludes visit in London
- Oct 20, 2019FS concludes visit to US
- Aug 1, 2019Adjustment of the Base Rate
- Mar 27, 2019Granting of virtual banking licences
- Feb 21, 2019HKEX Establishes International Advisory Council
- Jan 14, 2019Speech by CE at Asian Financial Forum 2019
- Oct 10, 2018FSDC welcomes Policy Address
More Stories about Financial Services