Innovation & Technology
Hong Kong’s capacity to innovate is supported by excellent connectivity with Mainland China and the rest of the world, strong research and development capability, world-class universities, and a robust intellectual property protection. The Government strives to create a vibrant ecosystem with excellent software and hardware support for industry players to collaborate on research, development and innovation.
Hong Kong is fast becoming a start-up hub for technology firms. The Government helps nurture a conducive environment for technology start-ups in collaboration with local R&D institutions and universities. Government initiatives include targeted funding programmes, (e.g. a dedicated venture fund programme to attract venture capital investment),tax relief to encourage R&D investment, research clusters in key technology area, and collaboration with the neighbouring Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government to develop the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Park.
With full support from the Mainland, Hong Kong scientists have been actively contributing to the country’s technological advancement.Hong Kong universities and research institutions are able to bid for funding for science and technology projects, thereby participating in major technology missions of the country.
Download our Innovation and technology fact sheet for more information
- Apr 22, 2019HK Laureate Forum born
- Apr 15, 2019Speech by CE at Internet Economy Summit 2019
- Apr 11, 2019FS promotes I&T co-operation in San Francisco
- Apr 10, 2019FS explores I&T collaboration in Seattle
- Apr 9, 2019FS promotes HK-US I&T ties in Seattle
- Feb 22, 2019CE visits Cyberport and Smart-Space 8
- Jan 28, 2019行政長官出席CGA香港電競館開幕典禮致辭 (Traditional Chinese)
- Jan 24, 2019Speech by CS at Jumpstarter
- Oct 15, 2018CE hosts Nobel Prize Winner and local scholars
More Stories about Innovation & Technology